Every woman should have a place our own, somewhere we can relax, rest & play. A creative cave, love nest, or sacred sanctuary ,a place that is all ours to dream in.
I have such a place. I call it my Goddess Space.
I created it one hot summer eve when i felt the overwhelm of raising kids, running a business, being a goddess..
So my Goddess Space is a powerful anchor for me to drop back into me, into my body, out of my head.
It’s been paramount in my revealing of my sensual, intuitive, feminine self. I have consecrated this space for me to be fully loved & supported – a place to come home to me in. To reflect & realise all the greatness I have inside me..
So find a spot you can make your own sanctuary, a room, a corner or a closet where you can unfurl as you wish.
How to Create Your Own Goddess Space
- Find a spot were you can have some privacy. An unused room, corner or nook in your bedroom
- It doesn’t matter where it is, really, as long as it can be easily transformed into your sacred space.
- Gather up all of your most beloved items; your favourite pleasure things, crystals, essential oil diffuser or natural beeswax candles for example. A beautiful journal, a pen thats feels delicious to write with. Maybe a way of playing music- or just your phone will do. A photo of a beloved, or your children, one of you that you feel most beautiful in. A silk sarong for draping over you. A sheepskin rug to lay upon. Cushions and pillows dressed in natural fibres, silks, linens – you get the idea. A small vase or sweet pot-plant to bring in the element of nature
- A small mattress or yoga mat. I picked up a small camping mattress at a disposable store that fits perfectly my nook. Covered with a beautiful cotton sheet. If you use a yoga mat, add some extra softness with a blanket on top.
- Keep your space clean & tidy always , as a place to come to in the whirl of life.
- Ask yourself what your intention is for this space and hold a ceremony to welcome it. As a place for pleasure, a place for love and un-conditional acceptance. Speak it out loud to your space. Give it a name:
“Welcome my sweet Goddess Space, thank you for holding me in your warmth and safety & un-conditional Love. I call you Amare in the name of Love”
- Create a ritual that welcomes you every time you enter. It may be as simple as lighting a candle or spritzing your skin with rose water or even using small bells to ring in the beginning.
- Consider that you might always bathe or shower before entering, much like any other place of worship – as an offering of yourself. It can always just be a symbolic bathe- washing of the feet with a warm cloth and essential oils and washing of the hands..
My intention for you is that you have place to honour your Feminine Wisdom & a safe place for your Sensual Self to relish in your own Love.